Sunday, June 16, 2013

Near Death Experience

Over the years, I've had little inklings to start a blog that chronicled my metaphysical realities. Yet, I always before was held back by fear. I simply didn't want to acknowledge in writing (my primary/preferred mode of expression) what was going on with me. I was in partial denial. I doubted the realities of what I saw and experienced because I had yet to meet like-minded others who had in fact gone through the same or similar experiences. Further, I was afraid people would find out my true identity and it would have major negative consequences on my work life...I work in the very often repressed land of academia, where knowledge tends to be all about what the general consensus can touch, taste, hear, see, and feel. In academia, we are barely beginning to talk about concepts like love and compassion, so it makes sense that academics would hesitate to acknowledge any realities beyond the mundane physical plane, beyond that which can be measured in a test tube.

Well, due to a recent near death experience (NDE), I have lost all those fears and denials. A few days ago I almost died in a tornado. At the point where I truly believed 100% that I was going to die, I left my body and entered a very beautiful realm. I realized, though, that I'd been there before--which was odd, because I'd never faced death before. So, how had I "been there before"? That question spawned numbers other ones. I want to write about and record and think about the number of times I've visited this place or places similar. I want to put the puzzle pieces together, so they can connect even in a small way.

I realize that I must write about what is happening to me in a public forum, so that I can not only keep track of what is going on with me for myself (I like to stay organized even in these mysterious kinds of matters!), but also so that I can provide comfort to others who may be going through similar journeys. There is really nothing more frightening than experiencing something that the general populace would demean as "crazy" or "unreal" or "only an illusion." When you experience something and you happen to be alone or feel alone (no one can confirm or agree with you that what has happened is possible), you tend to become paranoid, manic, sad, depressed, confused, etc. I don't want anyone to feel that way.

So, this blog is for you. I'm so happy that the Internet can bring us together like this.

What you are going through is totally fine. In fact, it's excellent! And, I would even argue that it's what all beings will eventually experience, whether in this lifetime or in the next.

In my next post, I am going to record what I thought was--at the time--merely a lucid dream. Looking back now, I know that what it was was astral projection (also known as an OBE, out-of-body experience). The reason I know this is because two nights after my near death experience, I set an intention to understand what was happening to me. I asked that if I had the power to leave my body again (like what happened during my near death experience) that I wanted to that to happen that night, while I was sleeping in my bed. And, I did. While I was sleeping, I left my body and I met these wonderful beings. I asked them "Why am I leaving my body?" Their response was: "It doesn't matter why; the point is that you can do it. Yes, you are doing it."

When I woke up, I spent the entire day in meditation, eating grounding food, taking naps, walking around a tree farm, and surrounded by friends and a fire. And now, the following day, I am ready to start this blog.

Greetings. Let's see where we go.

1 comment: